05 May 2010

I knew it was going to be harder...


...but does it have to be this hard? I just realized that I can't apply for Stafford or GradPLUS loans through most (read: all) lenders like Citibank and Sallie Mae because RVC's disbursement dates don't fall in line with their preferred (read: required) disbursement dates.

Sooooo...what do I do now? Apply directly to the US Department of Education for student loans? Apparently. I already sent an email to the financial officer at RVC regarding this. I have a feeling she's going to tell me what I already figured out: I can only apply for GradPLUS loans (higher percentage rate) since that is the only type available to me as a professional student. Yay for voluntarily making my life more difficult by choosing the best school for me that just HAPPENS to be across the ocean. In a different country. With different loan disbursement dates because they start school months after here AND is on a trimester system.

I need a switch to turn off my brain because this is going to keep me up all night.


ETA#1: Got an email back from financial officer at RVC. Got a copy and paste of what is on the website, so I'm guessing they don't really know what's up or down either. Looks like I won't be able to do anything at all regarding loans until they sign up as a Direct Loan originator. Boo...:/

No comments:

Post a Comment