27 July 2010

45 days.

1 month, 15 days. And I'll be flying to Iceland, stopping for an hour, then heading to London.

Really, that's all I wanted to post.

Oh, and I told my boss today that I wanted my unofficial last day to be August 12th, and that I could work 2 to 3 days a week to cover days off and stuff until August 29th. That's reasonable, right? The problem isn't that I have stuff left to do (which I do, but it's really not THAT much stuff), it's the fact that I'd like a chance to see my extended family before I leave. I haven't seen my grandparents since April. I miss them. I want to get my fill of my grandmother's cooking and the sound of my grandfather saying "Oh, Marie..." when my grandmother does something silly or says "OH, my GOD" too many times while talking on the phone. I want to sit and have coffee with my aunts and uncles and cousins, and I want to play with my baby cousin A. I missed out on a whole day with my mother's side of the family (my cousin B had his high school graduation party), and it's quite disappointing. I could've seen everyone at once, but now I'll have to visit everyone piecemeal.

Not to mention my dad's side of the family. I saw my Aunt S for a week since she came to visit, but I haven't seen anyone else. Although I do have Cousins' Weekend in Maryland coming up (can't wait!), so I'll be able to see most (hopefully all...) of my dad's side of the family.

Sigh. I'm already homesick and I haven't even left yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment