21 January 2014

Sleepless in the ERH

This week started my Equine Out of Hours (OOH) rotation, also my last equine rotation as a student. It goes without saying that I'm pretty tired. Sunday night started off with a bang (colic surgery), although we ended up euthanizing on the table. Made me sad, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I'm at last in the final stretch of rotations. I have this week of OOH (which ends 6am on Sunday morning), and then a week of Pathology...and then I'm done.

It's been less than a year since I started rotations, and I'm almost finished. It feels pretty weird and wonderful. I'm excited to be finished, but at the same time I'm sad to leave all my friends. I've had a great rotation group, and I love those girls. It's the last time we'll all be together as a group. And it kinda sucks.

So...yeah. Last two weeks of rotations, then 6 weeks in the US. Again. Except this time for both work and pleasure. I'll be seeing my friend Sara and her family, which will be amazing. (Speaking of...I need to book that flight!) And I'll be seeing my college girlies for a couple of days before I head back to London for electives/revision/exams season.

Truthfully, I'll be glad to not fly for a little while after I fly back from graduation in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment