02 November 2010

Living in Camden: a short thought.

Last week, I saw two celebrities here in Camden. The first, I can't name...but I know I've seen him in many movies (possibly Shakespearean movies?). The second, I saw while studying at my favorite study cafe with my friend D. At first, I thought she just looked like her, but after a while, hearing her talk to her friend (yes, I'm a shameless eavesdropper), I realized that holy sh*t, it actually WAS her.

Who's her? Romola Garai (Atonement, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights). Not many people know who she is, but I recently finished watching her performance as Emma in a 2009 BBC production of "Emma" (only after watching BBC's 2007 production of "Persuasion" and their 2008 production of "Sense and Sensibility").

Dork? Yes, thank you. I am.

But the reason I bring this up is, as a dork, I tweeted about how I'd seen her at Yumchaa. And I just looked at twitter and realized I'd been retweeted by a random celebrity sighting website. For some reason this makes me feel kinda cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment