11 May 2012

Florida = Paradise.

I've been in Florida visiting my best friend S, her husband C and their son little C.

BEST VACATION EVER.

First: I get to practice playing with a baby without actually having one. Second: I get to see my best friends. Third: I get to be in 80 degree weather and go to the beach and see dolphins.

I do know one thing for sure after this trip: I'm glad that I am not married and have no chance of getting pregnant during vet school. I've been listening to lectures that I'm missing and for one whole lecture I had little C on my knee (he's 4 months old), and it was very hard to focus on the lecture and take notes and keep little C happy at the same time. I can't imagine if I had to do it 24/7. So while I'm definitely ready to be a mom, I'm not ready to be a mom and juggle baby and vet school at the same time. Kudos to the brave women who do: I would probably go crazy if I was in your shoes.

My flight back to reality leaves on Sunday, but I don't think I'll be ready to go. It's been so wonderful to have a mini-holiday away from school and meet my nephew. Also, going back means that I have to face exam results, and I'm not sure I'm fully prepared for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment