11 August 2012

Still on an Olympic high.

I meant to post this sooner, but alas. Placement got in the way. 
On Thursday, I got to go see history being made at the Dressage Gran Prix freestyle event at the Olympics. It was a once in a lifetime event, and I had THE BEST time. I went with my friend A, who was the one who managed to get the tickets for the event. And although the USA rider Steffen Peters didn't manage to get a medal, it was still amazing to watch the top riders of the world compete for the gold. I feel very blessed that I was able to go. 


Anyway, my second placement of the summer is now over. I had a wonderful time, although I didn't really get to do much. I'm finding that is a trend with my placements thus far. I wasn't entirely bored out of my mind, but when I'm seeing facebook statuses of "I just performed a castration!" or "I just watched a _____ surgery!", I kind of want to pull my hair out. 

Oh well. I still have two years left of school (YIKES) in which to do all these things. I suppose I'm not in a rush. 

I've got two more placements left this summer; one mixed animal practice and one farm animal practice. We'll see how things go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment