30 October 2012

Oh Sandy...

Hurricane Sandy is currently ravaging the New York and New England region. My home state of RI isn't faring too terribly, but some of my favorite beaches are probably eroded to bits. Rumor has it the Narragansett seawall is falling apart under the tidal surge, but I'm not sure if that's true. My cousin at Johnson and Wales in Providence got evacuated yesterday afternoon. It's really crazy.

Long Island, where most of my family live, is also getting hit pretty hard. Another cousin got evacuated from her dorm on LI, but she's safely at home. I keep looking at pictures of places around LI and RI and it just breaks my heart. So far no lives lost in Rhode Island, and I hope it stays that way.

On a school note, week 3 of PMVPH is killing me. I'm bored out of my mind because it just doesn't interest me one bit. But at least I'm getting a lot of revision done on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment