29 August 2013

So I'm really getting bad at this whole update thing.

I'm halfway through rotations and I'm exhausted/happy/disgruntled/grumpy/etc. Many different emotions. 

To be truthful, I probably just need a break.

Scotland was fab. Loved it, could totally see myself settling there in the long run. Scary thought, but eh. What can I say? It was gorgeous, there was plenty of hiking, everyone was super friendly (AND HAD SCOTTISH ACCENTS), and I saw myself working as a farm/equine vet at this practice. If there is a job opening at this place when I graduate, I'm definitely applying and seeing where it takes me. 

On the other hand, I'm having existential crises more and more now because I really REALLY liked farm animal work. More than I expected. And while I still love the equine side of things, recently it seems like I've been discouraged left and right from doing equine surgery. Which is really frustrating. 

I mean, I know it's 4 more years. If I'm lucky and go straight to an internship post graduation and immediately after that a residency, I'll be 32. Even if there's a couple of years in between, I'll be entering the field in my mid-30s. 

But it's 4 more years of hard work. I know I CAN do it, but do I actually WANT to do it? 

Also, where do I go for internship? US, UK, Australia? 

Or do I just go for a mixed animal job somewhere in the UK or US and figure out a few things for a few years?

WHY DO I GIVE MYSELF SO MANY OPTIONS. SERIOUSLY. 

CAPS LOCK IS LIKE YELLING IN TEXT. 

Ok, I'm done now. 

Suffice it to say Scotland has made me very happy and very anxious at the same time. 

Right now, I'm at Bell Equine in Kent as part of my tracking rotations. Exhaustion is here to stay for the next week and a half, but I'm loving every minute of it (which just makes my decision EVEN HARDER). 

I promise I'll try to update more often. After this I'll be on Dermatology then Emergency and Critical Care, so I'll be more apt to have a little bit of time on my hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment