23 October 2010

Studying.

I knew that studying would take over my life when I started here. I mean, it's vet school. And RVC doesn't really teach you EVERYTHING you need to know, because they want you to learn how to be lifelong learners (helpful, especially when, on average, 10 years after you graduate, about 5% of the stuff you learned in vet school will be relevant).

But really, most of my time is spent studying. On weekends (and occasionally during the week), I go to a study cafe called Yumchaa near Camden Lock. I was introduced by my friend D, who loves the ambiance of a cafe for studying. And I have to say, it's really growing on me. Except when the occasional pushy woman practically demands that she sit at your table since there are no other tables (or at least tables she doesn't feel like moving a chair to) and proceeds to sit there and be slightly obnoxious while you are studying.

Sigh. Apart from that, it's lovely. I can sit, NOT be at school or in my flat, and still manage to get a lot of work done and drink cappuccino (and a good cappuccino at that) at the same time.

And thus, my morning consisted of two things: coffee, and this:


No comments:

Post a Comment