18 March 2011

Day Five at Equine Placement: rain.

Today was the first day at the stable yard that has rained THE WHOLE DAY. Pissing rain, really. Not even a good hard pour, but enough to soak you to the bone. I'm truly glad I thought to pack a second coat because I needed to switch halfway through.

Best thing about today, though: I got to ride for the first time in 5 years. The last time I rode a horse was just after selling mine in 2006 (heartbreaking, I don't recommend it unless absolutely necessary). Since then, I've just not been able to ride because of school commitments, work commitments, etc etc blah blah excuses excuses. Getting back in the saddle (literally) was the easiest thing I've done in my entire life. But now, I won't be able to go so long without riding because I just can't give it up. It was such a wonderful feeling being able to do a nice long hack on a great horse and just enjoy the outdoors (even with the rain).

7 more glorious days of this placement. I'll be disappointed when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment