09 March 2014

So. Much. Anesthesia.

So I've been at R&R for the past two weeks now, and I've been having a fabulous time. There have been quite a few emergencies come in that have resulted in very little sleep, but it's been a great learning experience.

Also, I've been training with the anesthesia group these past two weeks, and I'm feeling much more confident about my abilities to safely anesthetize a horse. I even managed to do the anesthesia on two procedures practically on my own (under very close supervision)! It was very nerve-wracking, but both went smoothly.

I'm so excited for next year. I'm going to be tired, grumpy at times, but it's going to be the best experience I could've asked for.

One more week here, then my college girlies are coming to pick me up on Friday so I can spend the weekend with them before heading back for the final leg of this degree. So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment