06 November 2011

Paper of DOOM

Haha, just kidding. Sort of.

Our last act of our AHEMS is writing a research report. I had three options to choose from: enterprise evaluation (no way), an investigative report (another no, since that involved statistics, something that I have no joy or skill in), or an evaluative essay (which essentially is a literature review). I chose the evaluative essay, since I didn't have the time or the forethought to do any research on farms, or to find some raw data to work with. So essay it is.

It's been much harder than I thought (or wanted) it to be, writing this paper. The last time I actually sat down to write something of a similar scale, I was probably 20. Or 19. Which basically means it's been 5-6 years since I've written something like this. And all skill that I used to have has left me.

I've tried various methods to start writing this paper. Yesterday, I ended up writing 2 or 3 really awesome but disjointed sentences, so I started re-reading and highlighting all my sources on my iPad, hoping that would help. Today, I tried to type some things out, and ended up with a pen and notebook free-handing it. That seemed to help for a little while, but has now ceased to do much of anything.

Where, oh where, have my writing skills gone?

If you find them, please let me know. I'm lost without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment