11 August 2010

What's left?

So I have one month left until I leave the States for a longish while (at least until Christmas). Looking back at my list I made in a post a while back (click here to read), I realize: I've done everything that I needed to do. Luggage set? Check. One even has clothes in it already! Gasp! Plane ticket? Check. Organize room? Check. I even painted it and redecorated a bit! I feel so accomplished. Apply for loans/visa? Check and check. I sent out the paperwork today, and I feel as if I won't really rest easy until my passport is back in my possession. But yeah, pretty much the only thing I have left to do is pack and um...leave. And work the odd weekend at EXP.

I feel a sense of accomplishment and yet...it is overshadowed by the overwhelming weight of the fact that I'm leaving in only one month. I have this weird combination of anxiety, nostalgia, and exhilaration going on in my brain and unfortunately, I don't really know how to process it yet.

Tomorrow is Wednesday aka Hump Day. I have two more working days this week and then I will be able to hang out with my family in Maryland and remember great stuff about the people we've lost and maybe, finally, take bets and nail down a list of which of the cousins will get married (first to last). We talked about it last September at my uncle's wake (odd, yes, but it took our minds off of the heavy stuff for a while) and I'm pleased to say that they all thought that I would be smack dab in the middle of everyone. The reason? "You've got too much to do, with vet school and all, to get married any time soon." Aw, how I love them. They know me so well. I can't wait to see them and drink and swim and do silly things. We will giggle, snort, sing, play...I can't wait. It will be fabulous. Sad, but fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment