31 August 2010

10 days until lift-off.

I cannot believe that I only have 10 days left. Yesterday, while I was taking the ferry from New London, CT to Orient Point, LI (I'm on the island visiting family), I started a final checklist. Yes, final. The last checklist I will make before leaving for the UK. And the reason I started to freak out about leaving while I was on a friggin boat in the Long Island Sound.

1. Print out tenancy agreement as proof of residence.
2. Double-check weight of baggage
3. Print out itinerary for flight
4. Pack alarm clock in carry-on
5. Check UK customs page for items 'ok' to bring (amazed that I still have not done this)
6. Breathe. Stop freaking out.
7. Get another set of passport photos for ID cards
8. Get international driver's license
9. Make sure passport, proofs of stuff (residence, money) and Oyster card are packed/accessible
10. Breathe. Stop freaking out.

Yes. I really wrote that last one twice because I will need to be reminded to breathe and stop freaking out, and I don't trust my parents to remind me.

It still doesn't feel real, and I'm leaving in 10 days. How is that possible?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the breathing! I'm sure everything will go well!

    ReplyDelete